Last updated: 26 May 2023
Our Platform is a marketplace where non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”) in master recordings of certain songs (each a “Recording”) are listed for sale with the consent of the rightsholder to such Recording (the “Rightsholder”). An owner of such NFT (“NFT Owner”) owns a right to receive a certain share of incoming royalties in the Recording on the terms set out in the ownership agreement (the “Ownership Agreement”) entered into between the NFT Owner and the Rightsholder.
1. OUR ROLE, PLATFORM AND MARKETPLACE
1.1 Our Platform is a marketplace where NFTs in Recordings are listed for sale with the consent of the Rightsholder to such Recording.
1.2 The Rightsholder has engaged anotherblock to facilitate the minting of an agreed number of NFTs in the Recording(s) selected by Rightsholder as well as directed anotherblock to distribute an agreed share of Rightsholder’s royalties in such Recording to the NFT Owner (the “NFT Owner Royalty”).
1.3 Please note that our Platform is merely a marketplace where available NFTs are listed. The purchase of NFTs is made directly between the Rightsholder and you and regulated in the Ownership Agreement to which anotherblock is not a party. Under the Ownership Agreement, Rightsholder either (1) assigns to the NFT Owner a certain percentage of royalties received by or credited to the Rightsholder after the date of the NFT Owner’s purchase of the NFT, or (2) assigns a license to use the Recording as stated in the Ownership Agreement to such NFTz.
2 AM I ELIGIBLE TO USE THE PLATFORM AND BUY NFTS?
2.1. In order to use our Platform and purchase NFTs, you must be at least eighteen (18) years old, have legal capacity must be of legal age in your country of residence and not be under any disability, restriction or prohibition, whether contractual or otherwise with respect to your right, power and authority to enter into binding agreements.
3. GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT
3.1 You acknowledge and agree that you have the sole responsibility to examine all information concerning the investment opportunities on the Platform, and any of your decisions based upon such information are your sole responsibility. You acknowledge that we operate as a third-party intermediary and that all listings on our Platform and the information presented therein are the Rightsholder’s sole responsibility. You further agree that you will make an independent evaluation of the investment opportunities and acknowledge that we have made no statements or representations concerning the present or future value of the opportunities. Our services shall not be deemed to create any duty, fiduciary or otherwise, to you through your use of the Platform and our marketplace.
3.2 You agree and warrant that you will not:
- use any automated means to access the Platform or collect any information from the Platform (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts or other automatic devices or programs);
- frame the Platform, utilize framing techniques to enclose any content or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over the Platform’s pages, or otherwise affect the display of the Platform’s pages;
- engage in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining content or other information;
- use the Platform in any manner that violates applicable law or regulations or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Platform or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Platform;
- bypass any security measures, engage in any systematic reading or listening, use any kind of software or device to “crawl” or spider any part of the Platform, reverse engineer (or similar actions) any aspect of the Platform to access source codes, algorithms and similar, or otherwise interfere with the security or functionality of the Platform;
- remove or alter any copyright notices or similar that is included in any part of the Platform;
- collect information about other users of the Platform for example for the purpose of sending spam or junk mails or selling such information;
- pretend to be someone else when using the Platform;
- access the Platform for purposes of monitoring its performance or functionality, or for any other competitive purposes; or
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
4.1 The content included on the Platform is protected in various ways, for example copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets. Anotherblock and its licensors hold all copyrights, neighbouring rights and all other rights in and to all material in connection with the Platform and all other parts of the service we provide.
4.2 Anotherblock graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are trademarks of anotherblock in Sweden and other countries. Anotherblock’s trademarks shall not be used, including as part of trademarks and as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission . 5. COPYRIGHT POLICY & CLAIMS
5.1 If you believe in good faith that any material on the Platform infringes on your copyright, you may send us notification by providing our designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if you believe multiple copyrighted works have been infringed, a representative list of such works);
Identification of the allegedly infringing material and sufficient information as to the location of the allegedly infringing material so that it may be found and identified;
The complainant's name, address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complainant is the owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
THE DESIGNATED AGENT SHOULD BE CONTACTED ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR WORK HAS BEEN USED OR COPIED IN A WAY THAT CONSTITUTES COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND SUCH INFRINGEMENT IS OCCURRING ON THE PLATFORM.
Receipt of Proper Infringement Notification
Once anotherblock receives an infringement notification with all of the required information and anotherblock is able to locate the applicable material, it is anotherblock’s policy:
To remove or disable access to the infringing content;
To notify the content provider, member, or user (“Content Provider”) that it has removed or disabled access to the content; and
That repeat infringers will have the infringing content removed from the system and that, in appropriate circumstances, anotherblock will terminate such Content Provider’s access to the Platform.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice
If the Content Provider believes in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed, the Content Provider may send the designated Copyright Agent a counter-notice. If a counter-notice is received by the designated Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that anotherblock may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten business days.
If we do not receive notice within ten business days that the original complaining party is seeking a court order to prevent further infringement of the content, we may replace or cease disabling access to the material that was removed. The decision to replace or cease disabling access to any content is at anotherblock’s sole discretion.
anotherblocks’ designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
Copyright Agent anotherblock AB Högbergsgatan 33 Stockholm, 116 20 Sweden Phone: +46 707 540 89 98 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also submit a notification online at https://anotherblock.io/legal
6. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that:
- your use of the Platform will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We reserve the right to resolve any errors in the Platform by any means at our sole discretion; and
- the information provided by third parties (e.g. by Rightsholders) and visible on our Platform will be accurate or reliable. We are not responsible for the actions or information of third parties, including the Rightsholder and third party providers of cryptocurrencies and digital wallets, and you release us from any claims and damages in connection with any claim you have against any such third parties.
6.3 While anotherblock as a platform provider helps facilitate transactions that are carried out between you and the Rightsholder, anotherblock is neither the buyer nor the seller of a NFT. Anotherblock provides a venue for Rightsholders and buyers to negotiate and (through a third party digital wallet provider) complete transactions. Accordingly, the Ownership Agreement formed at the completion of a sale of a NFT is solely between buyer and the Rightsholder. Anotherblock is not a party to the Ownership Agreement nor assumes any responsibility arising out of or in connection with it (apart from administrating NFT Owner Royalties in accordance with a separate agreement between anotherblock and Rightsholder). The Rightsholder is responsible for the sale of the NFT and for dealing with any NFT Owner claims or any other issue arising out of or in connection with the Ownership Agreement.
6.4 Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will anotherblock or its directors, employees or agents be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including for any lost profits or lost data arising from your use of the Platform or the marketplace or any of the Platform content or other materials on or accessed through the Platform.
7.1 Unless otherwise prohibited under applicable, mandatory law, we reserve the right to change, modify or cancel, temporarily or permanently, all or certain functions and features of the Platform at any time. For example, changes to the Platform may be necessary in order to adapt the content on the Platform to new technical environments or to an increased number of users, or for other important operational reasons.
8. APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
9. CONTACT DETAILS
9.1 This Platform is owned and maintained by anotherblock AB, a company registered in Sweden with company registration number 559341-5317.